By Takashi Abe, Shigehiko Kanaya, Toshimichi Ikemura (auth.), José C. Príncipe, Risto Miikkulainen (eds.)
This e-book constitutes the refereed court cases of the seventh overseas Workshop on Advances in Self-Organizing Maps, WSOM 2009, held in St. Augustine, Florida, in June 2009.
The forty-one revised complete papers offered have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from various submissions. The papers take care of themes within the use of SOM in lots of parts of social sciences, economics, computational biology, engineering, time sequence research, facts visualization and theoretical machine science.
Read or Download Advances in Self-Organizing Maps: 7th International Workshop, WSOM 2009, St. Augustine, FL, USA, June 8-10, 2009. Proceedings PDF
Best international books
Signal Processing, Image Processing and Pattern Recognition: International Conference, SIP 2011, Held as Part of the Future Generation Information Technology Conference FGIT 2011, in Conjunction with GDC 2011, Jeju Island, Korea, December 8-10, 2011. Proc
This e-book includes chosen papers of the foreign convention on sign Processing, photo Processing and trend reputation, SIP 2011, held as a part of the longer term new release details expertise convention, FGIT 2011, along side GDC 2011, together with GDC 2011, Jeju Island, Korea, in December 2011.
This quantity set LNCS 6587 and LNCS 6588 constitutes the refereed court cases of the sixteenth overseas convention on Database structures for complex functions, DASFAA 2011, held in Saarbrücken, Germany, in April 2010. The fifty three revised complete papers and 12 revised brief papers provided including 2 invited keynote papers, 22 demonstration papers, four business papers, eight demo papers, and the summary of one panel dialogue, have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from a complete of 225 submissions.
The two-volume set LNCS 7732 and 7733 constitutes the completely refereed court cases of the nineteenth foreign convention on Multimedia Modeling, MMM 2012, held in Huangshan, China, in January 2013. The 30 revised typical papers, forty six designated consultation papers, 20 poster consultation papers, and 15 demo consultation papers, and six video browser showdown have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from numeroues submissions.
The overview of Toxicological facts for the safety of Public future health: court cases of the overseas Colloquium, Luxembourg, December 1976 specializes in the evaluation of toxicological assessments and strategies utilized in toxicological assessment of chemical substances and reconsideration of those techniques in making a choice on decision-making tactics fascinated about the safety of public overall healthiness.
- Semigroups and Their Applications: Proceedings of the International Conference “Algebraic Theory of Semigroups and Its Applications” held at the California State University, Chico, April 10–12, 1986
- Artificial Intelligence and Soft Computing: 10th International Conference, ICAISC 2010, Zakopane, Poland, June 13-17, 2010, Part I
- Domain Decomposition Methods 10: The Tenth International Conference on Domain Decomposition Methods, August 10-14, 1997, Boulder, Colorado, USA (Contemporary Mathematics 218)
- Signal Processing and Information Technology: First International Joint Conference, SPIT 2011 and IPC 2011, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, December 1-2, 2011, Revised Selected Papers
- The New International Policing (Global Issues)
- 1998 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (1998: San Diego, Calif.)
Extra resources for Advances in Self-Organizing Maps: 7th International Workshop, WSOM 2009, St. Augustine, FL, USA, June 8-10, 2009. Proceedings
2) Do the types of memory used by the temporal SOMs inﬂuence their performances in this task? For this purpose, we present temporal variants of the standard SOM, such as the Kangas’ model , TKM-Temporal Kohonen Map  and RSOM-Recursive SOM . Then, the Fuzzy ART network , which is a static competitive model with an inherent mechanism of novelty detection, is described. All these algorithms were trained on-line and computer simulations carried out in order to compare their performances.
Additionally due to the risk of disturbing the network with such operations while online segmenting the image, we use a parallel evaluation scheme Fig. 1. The prototypes are added to a second network, which is an exact copy of the ﬁrst one.
Br 2 Nokia Institute of Technology (INdT) SCS Bl. br Abstract. In this paper we evaluate competitive learning algorithms in the task of identifying anomalous patterns in time series data. The methodology consists in computing decision thresholds from the distribution of quantization errors produced by normal training data. These thresholds are then used for classifying incoming data samples as normal/abnormal. For this purpose, we carry out performance comparisons among ﬁve competitive neural networks (SOM, Kangas’ Model, TKM, RSOM and Fuzzy ART) on simulated and real-world time series data.